Monday, August 15, 2011

Pigs in a Blanket

I know I just posted, but I'm back with another recipe that is both yummy and points friendly if you're on Weight Watchers.
For dinner tonight I made a classic recipe: Pigs in a Blanket!
All you need for this recipe are three ingredients:


Hot Dogs (I used 97% Fat Free Beef Franks) which were 1 point a piece,
Cheddar Cheese (I used cheese that was already sliced, made with 2% milk) which was 2 points per slice,
and Crescent Rolls (I used reduced fat crescent rolls) which were 3 points a piece.

For one pig in a blanket, it's only 6 points which isn't bad at all. Also, make sure you calculate the points correctly if you have more than one, because (for example) 2 crescent rolls were 5 points rather than 6.

Once you have all of your ingredients together, roll out one crescent roll, place a slice of cheese on top, and an uncooked hot dog on top of that:


Then simply roll each one up:


Once all of your pigs are assembled, cook as directed on the crescent roll package (please note that you may want to flip the pigs over so the crescent roll cooks on both the top and bottom. I had to put mine back in the oven because the bottoms were a little doughy).
Once they are completely cooked, this is how they'll look:


These are super yummy, easy, and quick! Perfect for a night when you are in a rush. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.