Sunday, August 14, 2011

Losing Weight With the Lawrences: Week 3

It's that time of week again!
I weighed in yesterday and am back with my results as well as a yummy and SIMPLE recipe to share.
I'm happy to say that I now am an additional 1.8 pounds lighter for a total of 5.2 pounds GONE. Not LOST, but GONE...because I hope to never gain them back again.
I was super stoked with my weight loss this week and can't wait to see my results next week.
I love that I'm eating so much better and also eating the right amount of meals in a day.
I actually find myself getting hungry since I'm not over eating at each meal.

When it comes to breakfast, before Weight Watchers, I rarely found myself eating it. I always went to work and didn't eat until 3:00pm or so, which is bad enough in itself. So lately I've really been trying to eat breakfast.
One thing I found that I LOVE is yogurt parfaits. They are REALLY simple to make and only 5 points...not bad at all.
All you need for this breakfast is:
1 Light Fat Free Yogurt
Strawberries (or any fruit you like)
1 Granola Bar

When I make this for breakfast I normally use Yoplait Light Fat Free Yogurt. I normally use ones with Strawberries in them or the Vanilla Yogurt.


To make it easy, I just dump the yogurt in a disposable bowl and get to work with the other ingredients.



I love adding fruit to yogurt so I just take a whole carton of strawberries to work and cut them right there. I try to use a cup of strawberries so I get 2 of my fruit servings in right away. I've used bananas before too, but I really love strawberries in yogurt.


I dump the strawberries in and then get ready for the granola.


For granola I really love to use the Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey Granola Bars. I saw this recommendation on a blog quite a while ago...but unfortunately can't remember which blog. I only use one bar and it is the perfect amount. I just save the other bar for the next day. All you have to do is break up the bar into bite sized pieces and throw them in.


Lastly...stir everything together and you have a delicious breakfast to start your day!

Do you have any simple breakfast ideas you'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.