Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Way to Eat Grilled Cheese

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Pinterest?
It gives me so many cool ideas for party planning, crafts, home decor, and recipes as well.
I found quite a few recipes that I plan on trying this week and I can't wait to see if they are as tasty as they look.
One recipe that looked mighty tasty was this one for a Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich:




However, after going to the store, I found out that graviera or gruyere cheese is hard to find and that I'd have to make my own spinach pesto if I wanted it. Since I don't have a food processor, I decided I better use a pesto that I could buy.
I remembered that I already had some basil pesto at home and thought that mozzarella would be a good cheese to go along with it, so I bought some mozzarella and headed on home.

To make my version of a pesto grilled cheese sandwich, all you need are four ingredients:


I used Double Fiber bread from Oroweat
Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
Store bought Basil Pesto
and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

All I did was used 2 slices of bread and spread 1/8 cup Basil Pesto on one side of the bread. I then placed two slices of Mozzarella Cheese on top of the pesto and placed the other slice of bread on top. I used 1/2 TBSP of butter and spread it on both sides of the bread, grilled it and WA-LAH. A delicious grilled cheese sandwich was made.
I loved the taste of the pesto and mozzarella melted together and it definitely smelled delightful.
This sandwich was so easy to make and definitely worth the 13 points.

I hope to someday make the original recipe found on pinterest, but until then this sandwich will definitely do.
Do you have any grilled cheese varieties you'd like to share?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.