Wednesday, February 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR and ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Getting married on January 2nd means Andrew and I get to spoil each other a lot all within a 2 week period. :] After a wonderful Christmas, we looked forward to celebrating New Years together. We went to dinner and then went to our friend Brooke's house for games and to watch the fireworks. It was definitely a good night.




On January 1st, we started the year off right by sleeping in and going shopping. Andrew's mom came with us and we shopped for my anniversary present, aka a BEAUTIFUL anniversary band. 

Please ignore my awkward hands, haha.
I absolutely LOVE IT. He did a good job and always spoils me. We also got some new pillows for our couch   which Andrew's Mom helped us buy and went to dinner at Lucille's. After dinner we went and watched the fights at my parents' house and just had a good night.

On our ACTUAL anniversary, we woke up and went to breakfast in Boulder then went to church. This anniversary it was my turn to plan so after church we went to the Shark Reef. Andrew LOVES scuba diving so I thought he might enjoy himself. While it WAS interesting, Andrew still says I need to learn how to scuba dive so I guess I'll have to do that someday haha. Here are some highlights:

 Andrew and the sting rays.
 These were SO creepy to touch.
 CREEEEEPY jelly fish.

 Me and my honey!
 Octopus!
Happy 1 Year Anniversary! :]

After the Shark Reef we went to Outback for dinner and then to The Island for dessert. It was a good night and I loved just spending time with my hubby. Unfortunately Andrew hates hotels, so that wasn't in our plan, but maybe I can convince him we need to stay at one for Valentine's Day. ;]

We forgot to eat our Wedding Cake the day of our anniversary so we ate it the next day instead. Surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought it would taste and it was fun to participate in the wedding cake tradition together and remember our wedding day!






I can't believe I've been married for exactly 1 year and one month (today) and that time passed so fast. I love Andrew with all my heart and am so grateful to have him in my life. He works hard each day to support our family and let's me know how much he loves me each day. Of course we had little fights over the past year, but they only made us stronger. In church last week we had a speaker who talked about how the first year of marriage is often the hardest because you are getting used to each other and making decisions together about how you want your life together to be. I am so grateful for this year and our chance to learn and grow together. People still look at me crazy when they find out I am married and am only 20, but they don't know how much I love Andrew. They don't know that the day I met him I was already in love with him. I know Heavenly Father brought him into my life when he did for a reason. I know we could have met any time before we did, but we didn't because we were meant to meet in December of 2008. I was meant to go to FHE when I came home for Spring Break and we were meant to hangout that night. We have been together ever since that night and officially together since March 12, 2009. These past two years have been amazing and I am so blessed to have Andrew in my life. A man who loves me for me and truly wants the best for me. He helps me when I'm in need, supports me in all that I do, puts up with my crazy ideas, tells me I'm beautiful, buys me flowers, works hard each day, and is just the best husband I could ever ask for. 



Thank you Andrew for being the best thing that's ever happened to me. Thanks for loving me each and every day and sharing this life with me. I can't wait to spend eternity with you and start a family with you some day. I truly am blessed and wouldn't change a thing. I love you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.