Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Last of the Halloween Fun

The Friday after I last posted I had Meagan and Brittney over to make some fun Halloween treats. We worked on caramel apples, pumpkin shaped brownies, and pumpkin shaped rice krispie treats. It was a fun afternoon with the girls!


I made the caramel by myself but I guess we didn't wait long enough to dip the apples because it pretty much all fell off. Whether or not the caramel stayed on....the good news is the caramel tasted delightful. 

The recipe I used can be found here:




Do you have any caramel apple making tips?


These brownies aren't as cute as my Frankenstein Brownies, but they were fun to make. We decorated them last minute before Meagan had to leave.


Meagan focused on these cute pumpkin rice krispie treats! Aren't they cute?!

Overall treat day was a huge success and it was a fun day spent with the girls. Also, to top it all off, the Halloween fun wasn't over! The next night we had people over for our Second Annual Halloween Party. There wasn't a huge turnout but it was definitely fun! Here are some pictures from the night:


We were originally going to be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, but after we couldn't find any yellow sweatshirts, we decided on a Rockstar and his Number 1 Fan! You can see my costume above. Did I mention that I made my own tutu?! It was a lot of work but I think it turned out super cute!


Meagan and Justin came dressed up as characters from the game "Guess Who?!" Aren't their costumes adorable?! 


Here I am with the most famous Rockstar ever, AKA my hubby! :]


Above you can see Brittney and Dustin dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2!

I think everyone's costumes turned out so cute! At the party we ate good food, talked with good friends, and watched some scary movies. We didn't play all the games I had in store, however, before everyone left I had everyone guess how many candy corn were in the jar. JUSTIN WON! :]


Here is Walter...I mean Justin...with his prize and the candy corn! GREAT GUESSING JUSTIN!


I also had everyone vote on the cutest costume and Brittney and Dustin WON! :] Here they are with their prizes.

The party was super fun and I'm glad everyone came. On Halloween day we ended up spending time with family and watching my niece and nephew Trick or Treat. It was a great night spent with the ones we love.

Overall my Halloween festivities were a HUGE success. Thank you for all who came to celebrate and I'm looking forward to a spooktacular time NEXT YEAR! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.