Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Courage

I am NOT a courageous person...

I normally just want everyone to be happy so I go along with things and hope everything turns out for the best. I try not to stick my nose in other people's business and I just keep on keeping on.

However, lately I am a new woman
I have found myself standing up for what I believe in.
While I am shocked at my choices, I am super proud of myself and hope that I can continue this courageous streak.

I am proud that I showed courage to do something I would NEVER imagine myself doing, which is participating in a flash mob with my Jazzercise workout group.



I'm in the blue behind the cowboy, haha, and while this might not seem like much, it was big for me. I am glad I can say I participated in a flash mob.

I am proud that I also stood up for what I believe in on two different occasions, which meant a lot to me and strengthened my faith. One of the occasions didn't work out as I had hoped, but I put all of my emotions on the table, explained how I felt to someone as a friend, and just had to hope for the best. While I am still not 100% sure of the outcome, I do know that Heavenly Father is proud of me and that I made the right choice, whether the person chose to or not. My second act of courage (in my opinion of course) was really hard because it involved family. I knew what I needed to do, and even with people telling me I was wrong, I knew that I was making the right decision and followed through. Because of this, I hope to have set a good example to those around me and I hope they realize that I made the right decision.

"Let us have the courage to defy the consensus, the courage to stand for principle. Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval."
-Thomas S. Monson

I am so grateful that I am able to keep my covenants with my Heavenly Father and that I was able to go through the temple. The temple is a holy place, a place of love and beauty and I am so grateful that I have been blessed with being able to attend the temple. I am truly blessed and thank my Heavenly Father every day. I'm so grateful for the courage I have gained recently and hope that I can continue to express my feelings no matter how hard it may be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.