Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Before Baby Checklist

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that they were meant to be a Mom?
I KNOW that I'm supposed to be a Mom and I'm so excited for that day to come when Andrew and I bring a beautiful baby into this world.

While we aren't trying to have babies yet, I am super excited for that day to some day come.
Some days I just can't wait to be a mom, but other days I wonder if I'm ready and think of all the things I could/should do before we start a family.

One thing in my favor is the fact that I have a WONDERFUL husband that loves and supports me and who would love to start a family.
Andrew always mentions how he wants to be a dad and I know that he would be a fantastic daddy to our babies, but I can't seem to get over all the things we could do to our house and with our budget before we bring a baby into this world.
I want to bring a baby into the best environment possible and I seem to let my list of to-dos get bigger and bigger.

However, today is the day that I put my list in writing. I want to be able to work on my list and cross things off, however if I never write the list down, it will always get altered and get bigger, meaning that our ultimate goal of having a beautiful, healthy family will keep getting pushed back. Maybe it's the perfectionist in me, but I know that I need to attempt to bring my future babies into the best environment and plan as much as possible. So, here it is...my "Before Baby Checklist."

BEFORE BABY CHECKLIST
(in no particular order)
1. Create a realistic budget and follow it strictly, proving that we can live off of Andrew's paycheck alone.
2. Work hard to save as much money as possible and use my paychecks to pay for making our house into a home.
3. Become as healthy as possible.
4. Make our house into a home which includes:
-Getting rid of the nasty carpet that was in the house when we moved in-IN PROGRESS
-Getting a new washer and dryer that is in tip-top shape (babies require a lot of laundry)
-Getting a new couch because the one we have now is tore up from the floor up
-Redoing our bathroom (our babies need a nice tub to bathe in)
-Painting our front room and hallway-IN PROGRESS
-Making our back yard a nice place where our future kids can play in
5. Keep falling more and more in love with my husband each and every day so I can bring my babies into a happy and healthy environment-ALWAYS IN PROGRESS! :]

I know my list doesn't include a ton of things and the things I have listed aren't the most important things in the world. I also know that if I were to get pregnant I would be the happiest person on Earth. However, until then, I will work on the things I have listed above and when Andrew and I are both ready, we will move forward and start a family.

It's so amazing to see a lot of people we know having babies and raising their family and I look forward to the day that Andrew and I will bring a baby into the world.

1 comment:

  1. Kayla you are going to be such a great mama! I totally understand wanting to get all of the things off of your list before you guys start trying, but hopefully it's soon so that Adam can be friends with him or her!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.