Sunday, August 15, 2010

simple craft :]

My husband LOVES mason jars. It may be because he served a mission in Georgia, or maybe it's because he loves anything involved with outdoors and mountain men. All I know is, they are a PAIN to wash. Especially when you don't have a dishwasher. I have "little" hands too and I can't get my hand in there without fearing that I'll permanently have mason jar hand for the rest of my life. Due to this fact, I pondered: "What can I do with these so that they are still used, but not used to drink out of?"

As a result, I present this "craft" to you.

First I started with 3 empty mason jars.


I went to Joann's and bought Styrofoam, vase filler, and 3 flowers.
I cut the Styrofoam in small enough pieces that would fit in the vases, stuck the shortened flower stems in the Styrofoam, placed them in the vases and filled the vases.




P.S. Just as a warning this stuff GETS EVERYWHERE and is a pain to clean up, so I suggest using it outside.



See what I mean?!

Anyways, after a few short minutes, I came up with these and LOVE the feel of them



(Ignore the candles, those were used for a date night I planned) Aren't they cute? It was a simple, cheap way to use the mason jars and they add the perfect touch to the room.

Have you done any simple, cute crafts lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.