Thursday, May 20, 2010

SUMMER LOVIN'


I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER that it's summer time. I absolutely love not having to worry about college or homework (aside from how I'm going to afford it this fall), and enjoy being a wife. Finals are over and I ended up with MUCH better grades than I thought, including three B's and 2 A's. HOLLA! This is really good in my opinion, especially since 3 of my finals were taken in a hotel room in Logan, Utah where we went to support my Brother-in-law graduating from college. It was a fun 4 day trip and we got to go to Lagoon for Mother's Day. Unfortunately, my mom took all the pictures, so I'll have to post some of those later. The only pictures I DO have are from Danny Glover speaking at USU's graduation and AN AMAZING rainbow Andrew and I saw on the way home:






In other news, we've been married 4 months and with school, work, and everything else going on we haven't had a chance to get our house all put together yet. I hate having so much to do on the house and can't wait to have all our rooms put together so we can have tons of fun parties and get togethers. :] Luckily, now that it's summer, this is now a possibility. Today I spent all day doing laundry and putting stuff away and I'm happy to say I put a slight dent in the work to be done. ALSO with school being over with I've had the chance to cook dinner every night this week. Not only is this good for our wallets, but hopefully it will be good for our health as well. Andrew and I have both gained some married weight and look forward to working it all off.

Our only other issues are, a DANG OVEN that chooses when it wants to heat up. If only we had money for a new electric oven. My dang "t" on the keyboard chooses when it wants to work as well, making it hard to post blogs. Also, my cousin who is only a month older than me is getting married when we are going to be in Costa Rica, so we won't be able to be there for her. She's going through the temple when we'll be gone too so basically, the only thing I could be involved with was her Bridal Shower. I organized one of the games with an idea my cousin had (which was a hit if I do say so myself), and made her the traditional bridal shower hat. The game involved memorizing all the items in the apron and I had a cute saying for each item included.







OH! I almost forgot to mention: Andrew and I get the pleasure of speaking in church this Sunday. I hope we do a good job and hope our familias are able to make it. Other than that, I'm just a primary teacher for CTR 7, work almost 40 hours a week, and had an interview for a promotion. Andrew works over 40 hours a week, works on our house, and is one of the priest leaders at church. At home we get to spend time with our adorable little puppy and give her baths.



She does a lot of cute things, including some tricks, but I can only prove what we have on video:


That's all for now. Since I have work at 4:45AM I better get going. GOOD NIGHT! :]

5 comments:

  1. Your little family is TOO cute! Kayla girl we need to hang out (if you have time) I know you're super busy though! Other than that you're blog is SUPER cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla I'm sorry your T doesn't work when you want it to.. and your oven.. i think being newlyweds has an affect on things! haha But I know your will do a GREAT job on your talk and sunday! and teaching the little kiddys! I teach the sunbeams! hahah crazy kids! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sydni- Thank you. :] And I can make time to hangout, just tell me when and where!

    and Megan- I didn't know you had a blog, :] but I'm glad you commented. And thanks for the words of encouragement! You have an amazing weekend yourself and have fun with the sunbeams on Sunday! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kayla! you should apply for a pell grant.. that's pretty much how i'm affording school next year! if you want more details let me know. You guys get to go on so many little trips, so fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Let me know what's on your mind and if you like what you see at Love: The Lawrences.